Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Smart Writer AND A Great Writer

The woollies have been sunned (finally); the favorite pullover has been discarded (it left me with little choice after it gave me those angry looks). My blog is searchable, Anand and I are still friends (he is still oblivious to the great Saree Tail). My talented friend (who I mentioned has gained weight) and Krishan (who I said, I am jealous of in my last post) haven't returned my messages and mails. I am sure they would forgive me for my kind of unkind words.

Oh! have you read the newspapers lately; they say the poor and the deprived Maoist might have to be engaged in a duel (non-verbal) to help understand their problems and help them resettle. Non violence is passé (most would agree and the one who would disagree would want to rough me) - I retract my statement. All is well in hell.

My office mates have started showing their stretch-marks in public. One had to be rushed to the hospital the other day and the other one (I have forgotten his name) hasn't returned after he caught the seasonal flu bug (about a month ago). Though the economy is on the upswing but the extra hours everybody contributed (stretched after normal work hours under BOSS's duress) are ramifying in the form of productivity loss during the economy recovery time (we might end up with another recession on account of employee burnout leading to high absenteeism). Is anybody listening? Did somebody say 'NO'.

And a couple of my readers feel that I am much smarter (read handsome) than the picture I have displayed in my profile. I completely agree with them  (and thank them) but I haven't seen too many smart writers (read handsome again) with a sharp pen and a much sharper wit (they anyway get the beautiful women). I think I should keep it on my profile till they say, 'He is not that great looking, Lets Publish Him'.

A nice piece:
There was once a young man who, in his youth, professed his desire to become a great writer. When asked to define "great" he said, "I want to write stuff that the whole world will read, stuff that people will react to on a truly emotional level. Stuff that will make them scream, cry, and howl in pain and anger!"

He now works for Microsoft, writing error messages.

No comments: